walking gifts


A Winter's Walk: by Bronwyn Kay

I was walking with my mom and dad in the snow and I was running ahead and I thought, walking is so wonderful. You can skip, you can run, you can walk, you go go any which way you want. You can talk and run, you can talk and skip, you can go as far as you want to go. You can walk in the woods. You can walk by the road. You can walk anywhere you want. You don't know how important your legs are until you don't have them. So you should walk and run with joy.

You don't need to be going anywhere: just walk and think how lucky you are to have legs. So go out now with joy. Don't think, "Oh, it's cold" or "Oh, it's so hot out today." Just think how lucky you are to HAVE legs! I hope that made an impact on you to go out and walk RIGHT NOW.

Thanks!

Comments

Jefferson said…
Yes mam! Sometimes I forget how blessed I am. I was grumbling the other day about having to tramp through all that snow when I met a man coming my way with one good leg, one crippled. He was doing the best he could and not complaining!